Monday, May 4, 2009

Find files then copy to folder?

I need a .bat file to find files on hard drive and copy the found files to a folder.





For example, I want all the files on hard drive d: that are of file type .jpg and copy them to folder found on hard drive e:





Find jpg on hard drive d: and copy them to e:\found





I want to use good ole fashion cmd (dos) via windows xp

Find files then copy to folder?
It can definitely be done and I can give you some pointers here....you can find all the jpg files by this batch file:





@echo off


d:


dir *.jpg /s





Now the tricky part is to somehow pipe the output to the copy/xcopy command. I will let you do the research on that ;)
Reply:I've never heard of that being done trough command prompt without doing single files or directories together, regardless of file format. If you're running XP, open up Windows Explorer, click search on the top, select your hard drive, and search for any file ending with .jpg. Then, when the search results finish, copy them to an already pre-made folder.

teeth bleaching

No comments:

Post a Comment