Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where to find restored emails?

I have just restored some emails that I had deleted by accident. They went into the recycle bin. I clicked on 'restore all' but now can't find them. I checked through previous answers on here and find that the majority of people replied by saying 'back where they were' - well they aren't! They WERE in my inbox and sent items folders but those remain empty! The only answer that I found to be helpful was the one in the link, which just explains it all (and I understand) but the bottom line is how can I find them - I am prepared to 'go to a lot of trouble'!!!





This is the question that I found the helpful answer in:





http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...

Where to find restored emails?
I think that the recycle bin would be unable to restore your deleted e-mails back to outlook but has probably restored them to a folder on your c drive.


I can only suggest that you do a full search of your c drive - all files and folders - word or phrase in file (your e-mail address).(it will be on both your in-box e-mails and your sent items)


Hope this helps you find them.
Reply:Hi there,





I am assuming that you are using Outlook as your email client since you never mentioned anything.





If you delete any emails from within Outlook they arent placed in the normal Recycle Bin (on your desktop) because they are treated differently from normal file (like what the link says).





They are instead kept in the "Deleted Item" INSIDE your Outlook. Try to look for your emails there (i hope when you delete your emails, you didnt hold down the SHIFT button).


No comments:

Post a Comment