Friday, April 16, 2010

How Do I find out the author and publisher of an out of print book that I cant find listed anywhere online?

Theres a book that has been out of print since 1975, I can't find any mention of it anywhere on the internet. I searched every "Book search engine" and out of print Book searches online. Even contacted rare book search companies and they couldn't find any copies of it. Checked ebay in different countries. and still I found nothing. It was never famous and i suspect it was published by a small publishing company (certainly not a mainstream publishing company)





At this point I would be thrilled if I could just find out the name of the author and the publishing company that published it. Is there someplace that would have the list of every single book that was ever published (in american languages) ? Shouldnt there be like a central database, like copyright registers or something?

How Do I find out the author and publisher of an out of print book that I cant find listed anywhere online?
yes, there is. every book that is published has an ISBN number. you should check for a database and see if you can find it from the title (which i take it you have).


i feel for you... i waited eleven years to find a book i read as a kid (it was from the library and out of print even then)


amazon is surprisingly good, although i expect they don't have it. maybe you could check the title was right... perhaps this is the problem. type a brief plot summary, or the full names of any of the character you can remember.


failing that, i would ask on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment